welcome to my world

Friday, February 02, 2007

Thus began the gym expedition...

After a lot of struggling, one fine day, I was able to drag myself out of the bed to head towards the super sexy gym I have FINALLY started going to. (pssssssstt...I am paying only 1500, which includes 500 as one time commitment charge, 250 for the physio test done at the gym, and 250 for the dietician who will be recommending me not very likable diet for the coming days! :(

Excerpts of some conversations with the guys at the gym:

Day 1 (Friday) : Hi! My first day. Whats the procedure like....bla bla bla........some minor exercises...........

Saturday...........Its a saturday!Weekend....how can I work out on a weekend??

Sunday.............Its a sunday!!!Lemme sleep!! For God's sake!!Its a sunday...its even stated in the Bible...Observe the Sabbath!!!

Monday.........Aah........I have started off with ma chumps....I just cant go..........

Day 2 (Tuesday) : I am so sorry....I know I had an appointment with the dietician, without which my daily chart cannot be made....but tomorrow I shall definately come!!!!

Wednesday.............

Thursday...................................

Day 3 (Friday) : I am so sorry....I know I had an appointment with the dietician at 7 and I am 45 min late, without which my daily chart cannot be made....but tomorrow I shall definately come!!!! OK fine...sunday will be no problem!!

Friday work out ends....after carefully scrutinizing the cute, handsome etc. categories of guys who come to work out there, I most sweetly bid goodbye to ma trainer, who is also quite good looking and said...c ya on MONDAY!

Since people are so jealous about the fact that others can be happy too...my dietician called me as soon as I stepped out of the GYM to remind me of my appointment with her on SUNDAY!!!!!

With people like her living on this planet, I have no idea how can I follow The Lord's commandments when he says, keep the Sabbath, holy :(

Though, going for work outs was totally my decision, working out at the machines is nothing less than some kind of punishment I am going through :(
But there are many good things also attached to it...Like :

  • Getting up early in the morning
  • Checking out the handsome guys in the gym
  • Save on electricity money at ma home, as I take warm shower at the gym itself and go directly to the office from there
  • I have all the more reasons to spend money on ma fav ADIDAS sportswear!!
  • Feel fresh and energetic all day long!!!

Achint and I have bet that I will not be going to the gym for more than 15 days this Feb. so it is useless for me to waste money on all those ADIDAS sportswear!!!!!!! And I am so determined to proove him wrong!!!!!

Wish me all the best guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I dont wanna loose this bet :D

Labels:

22 Comments:

At February 02, 2007 12:03 PM , Blogger karmic said...

Fun reading.. best of luck!

 
At February 02, 2007 11:25 PM , Blogger Ganesh Ranganathan said...

somehow, I also think you will lose this bet, you dont sound too keen on the Gym idea...

 
At February 03, 2007 3:55 AM , Blogger mathew said...

you kidding..eh!! :-P

Think the other around..why waste the energy you are storing up in your body..The fat we have will come in handy when there is a famine which is expected in 2036 A.D....Cmon arent we suppose to conserve for the future..

And you are causing job loss for thousands of docs who might have gleefully done liposuction for a 'meager' fee!! :-P

 
At February 04, 2007 10:21 PM , Blogger Arun said...

GO FOR IT NEHA!!!!!

Wish u all the best, i know u can do it, may the force be with u :-)

there r other advantages of going to gym

* we will look better! we will feel better about ourselves, more confident.

* our muscles r stronger, relieving pain in joints & back.

* the reduction of body fat by exercise can lower blood pressure

* ease of blood flow/circulation, as a result ur skin glows...

anyways all the best again...

 
At February 05, 2007 1:58 AM , Blogger deepsat said...

ah!! the gym blues!! all the best!!

;-))

 
At February 05, 2007 10:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey good luck!

 
At February 07, 2007 2:56 AM , Blogger pradeep said...

hehe ..me too on same situation...restarted going early morning to shuttle badminton courts...feeling the same as you...but let us be determined..all the best..

 
At February 07, 2007 3:09 AM , Blogger Prax said...

Ah....just say that you're gettin' mentally ready for it and snore hard!

 
At February 07, 2007 9:09 PM , Blogger Thenraj said...

Dont loose the bet buddy, win it we can go for a Treat(for winning the bet).. :-P

 
At February 08, 2007 10:00 AM , Blogger Thenraj said...

Gymming Timetable sucks man....I really hate that..what to do..no other way to burn extra fat for foodie's like us?? ;-)

 
At February 13, 2007 12:21 AM , Blogger Invincible said...

lol...but i thnk Achint z gonna win de bet!! i too 've lost many bets due to ths gym thng..

neways ALL DE BEST...

 
At February 14, 2007 11:41 PM , Blogger Arun said...

where r u man? no updates on ur blog!

u must be busy at ur new work place or where u busy at gym ;-))

anyways how did ur valentines day go?

Arun

 
At February 15, 2007 3:24 AM , Blogger Love you longtime! said...

LOL @ the gym expedition...tch tch.. Oh and blog has some new songs for you! :)

 
At February 15, 2007 3:43 AM , Blogger N A R I YA L C H U T N E Y said...

There are basically two kinds of people in the world. People like you and me and people who can beat the crap and pulp out of people like you and me.When you go to gym you are reducing the no of people in the second group. So it doesnt matter who wins the bet?. Happy Gymming

P S: Who won th bet :P?

 
At February 16, 2007 1:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess u gonna loose ur bet..
so.. u really think ull join a new company and also hit the GYM!!
ha ha ha
wishfully thinking..
but full points on enthu..
lolzz

 
At March 12, 2007 6:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Come on Neha! Working hard eh? Haven't updated ur blog! So..... won the bet?

All the best!

Rashmi

 
At March 12, 2007 10:44 PM , Blogger Priyankari said...

great post! very humorous! loved it!

 
At March 13, 2007 7:43 AM , Blogger Neha said...

Sanjay : All the best?Have already lost the bet!!

Ganesh : I am very keen on this gym thingi..just that ma work is not permitting me to do anything except sit infront of the stupid computer :(

Mathew : Shucks! Just dint think of that! Thansk a lot for the realization u gave me :)
And you have no idea how tempted I am to go for the liposuction!

Arun : Ufff!! May the force be with you!!! Major Star Wars Fan eh?

Deepsat : Somebody seems to have gone through the same pain as I..

Pravin : No point of all the wishes now :(

Dinkan : Have tried and failed so many times :( This work demands too much of our attention :(

Gates : I wish!

Thenraj : No point in dreaming about the treat buddy! Have already lost it :(

Anoon : Why the name change from Arun???

Vaibhav : Missed blogging!! Big time..Have to get back to it..and of course..to ur songs too! So much of catching up to do!!!!

NariyalChutney : I dont think it will be difficult for you to guess!

Mr. Anonymous : U dont have to make comments like these!! U neva supported me :( All coz of you!

Randomthoughts : Lost it..as everybody expected :(

Priyankari : Thanks :)

 
At March 19, 2007 4:54 AM , Blogger Nitin said...

all the best with the expedition..
youd love it for all the reasons you said and more.. thats for sure... so where are you going to talwalkars or chisle??

 
At March 24, 2007 4:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do ya mean all bec of me??
fst of all u dont go to sleep early.. then u have ur lent dieting going on.. so no energy.. besides u dont have the zeal and the enthu to go...
ha ha ha!!!
i can have these gym bests any day..
wanna bet again ;)
ill win EVERYTIME!!!

 
At March 24, 2007 9:55 AM , Blogger Impressionist said...

Hey nioce blog u've got here.
Wish u gud luck :P I hope u will win the bet :D
lol!!


Peace & Love
JeeVY

 
At June 19, 2007 3:12 AM , Blogger Tys on Ice said...

There is something masochistic in us that yearns for some kind of eternal damnation which makes us pay good money to torture and humiliate ourselves in the name of health. Its called by this cute unassuming name : gym.

Loved reading the blog...all the best with the engagement and the rest of the stuff..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home